Hessenland Inn Outdoor and Indoor (as of July 17)
COVID19 Service Protocol Dining Service
We are so excited to finally welcome you back to our outdoor dining areas. We cannot wait to have you join us for a meal in our licensed vineyard and garden spaces. To ensure your visit is safe and comfortable, please find below our polices and procedures that have been established due to COVID-19 restrictions.
**AS PER THE HURON PERTH PUBLIC HEALTH UNIT: PLEASE BE ADVISED AS OF JULY 17TH, 2020 FACE COVERINGS ARE REQUIRED IN ALL COMMERCIAL ESTABLISHMENTS IN HURON COUNTY**
GUESTS MUST WEAR A FACE COVERING WHEN ENTERING HESSENLAND INN & SCHATZ WINERY, KEEP THE MASK ON UNTIL SEATED. Once seated, guests may then remove the face covering. We ask that at any time you need to leave the table, your face covering must be placed on (i.e. to go to the bathroom, pay the bill or leave the premises).
- Reservations are required. As of July 17, 2020 indoor dining may take place, please indicate if you would like to sit outside in our patio space or indoors.
- Should there be inclement weather, your outdoor dining will move inside unless you prefer to change your order to take out.
- Takeout menu will be available indefinitely and can be ordered to your guestroom.
- We ask that you sanitize your hands before entering the building
- By making a reservation with us you are confirming you are healthy and not experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms. If at any time prior to your arrival you feel unwell, we ask that you cancel your reservation and/or switch to take out and ask a healthy family member to pick up the order.
- Our front of house staff will be wearing a mask at all times.
- One guest from each party will be required to give a name and phone number upon making a reservation.
- Maximum 10 people per table.
- Website menu is listed and to ensure an efficient onsite visit, we encourage pre-ordering your meal otherwise a single use menu is available.
- Maximum 2 hour allowance for dining to allow for thorough cleaning and sanitization. between guests, you are however welcome to walk the gardens and vineyards after your dinner- Please continue to social distance.
- Please do not arrive more than ten minutes before or after your reservation time to avoid congestion in the waiting area.
- Guests will be met at the front entrance, and directed to their table.
- Social distancing will always be in effect for guests and staff as much as possible.
- Tables will be spaced a minimum of six feet apart.
- When guests arrive, there will be no cutlery, plates, or napkins on the table, they will be placed on the table once the guest arrives.
- There will be no communal breadbasket at the beginning of service, you may order bread for a charge per person.
- The table will be free of any items and will be fully sanitized for your arrival and use.
- Napkins are disposable until further notice.
- Salt, Pepper and any other condiments will be brought to the table (only upon request) and may be single use when possible.
- Rigorous hand washing and/or sanitizing will be practised by all staff.
- All frequently touched surfaces (doorknobs bathroom stalls, etc) will be sanitized throughout service and after service.
- All staff are monitored for illness and hygiene practices and are required to sign a wellness log upon entering the building.
Hours of operation
Sunday- 12 pm-6:30 pm
Wednesday to Saturday 12 pm-7:00 pm
Breakfast – 7:30 am to 10 am – 7 days a week
We are all excited to open our doors to you, and are working hard to keep our staff, our families, and you safe. Please be patient as we adjust our service to the new provincial health and safety guidelines.
Our staff is doing their best to give you the Hessenland service and experience you know and love, be kind to them by ensuring everything is ordered at once (pre-order is available) to limit their contact with your table, be prepared to pay by credit or debit, follow social distancing protocols, and if you are feeling unwell, please stay home, or have a friend order curbside pickup instead.